By Jes Hayes of Mad Chicken Studios
Wedding planning is tough, am I right? Planning a wedding is basically its own full time job on top of the one you are already working to pay for the wedding. To top it all off, you have to come up with a gift to give the person you are spending the rest of your life with, on your wedding day. No pressure, right?
Enter boudoir photography to the rescue. I am sure you are thinking in your head right now a list of reasons as to why you should not do a boudoir session. I am here to counter your list, with reasons why you should do a session.
Scheduling a boudoir session can be scary! But it is just like going to the gym. Getting there is most of the battle. Once you get there, you will be fine. In fact, you will be better than fine, because if you choose the right boudoir photographer, you will leave your session feeling completely unstoppable and ready to take on the world. If you still are not sure and doubting yourself, below are five more reasons that you should consider a boudoir session for yourself (and your fiancé)
1. It is something you can do alone. As in, you do not need input from your bridesmaids or family. It is not an appointment that you need to make with their schedules in consideration, so they can attend with you. It is just you and your schedule. The same goes for preparing for your session. Lingerie, hair and makeup can all be decided by you with the help of your photographer and hair and makeup artist (if you need it). I bet that sounds nice in the flurry of all things wedding.
2. Treat yourself. Having two full time jobs can be pretty stressful. It is probably safe to say that it has been awhile since you have taken a day for just yourself to relax. The best part is you can roll out of bed, get in your car, and head to your session. Let someone else take care of hair and makeup for you, and you just need to sit and relax for a couple of hours. Plus you are going to get gorgeous photos of yourself after, and who doesn't love that!
3. Date night. Between engagement parties and meetings with vendors, when is the last time you had a night out with just the two of you? You are going to leave your session looking and feeling gorgeous, so it is a great opportunity to take advantage of that and go grab something to eat, or go dancing and talk about all the things that you haven't been able to (also known as "no wedding talk"). Just enjoy each other for the night.
4. Incorporate details from your wedding into your session. It is the perfect excuse to wear your veil, or wedding shoes. You can even bring in your wedding dress for your session. Your wedding photographer probably will not be capturing the details of you getting into your dress, and you probably do not want to be posed in a boudoir fashion in front of your mom, mother-in-law, and all of your closest girlfriends. Getting into your wedding dress can look ultra sultry. At your boudoir session, you can actually slow down, be posed correctly, and get some amazing intimate images of it, all without an audience. Then you can do another set with your veil, wedding shoes, and if you are wearing lingerie on your wedding night, why not be photographed in it!
5. It is just as much for you. There is something about becoming a bride that makes you hard on yourself and thinking of all the things that you need or want to change about yourself. As mentioned already, you will leave your session looking and feeling gorgeous and you get beautiful photos of yourself. That right there is going to give you an amazing confidence boost. You will go into your wedding day seeing what everyone already sees in you. You are beautiful, and now that you know that, you will glow even more on your wedding day! No changes necessary.